Thursday, January 12, 2006

No pen, no pencil, no paint...

...no brushes, no canvas, no paper, nothing but some time on my hands.

I haven't updated the blog in a while as I've been away over the New Year, spending some time with Kristine on Holy Isle (you can see more about the island by clicking here).

All kinds of gubbins gets washed up on the beaches ringing Holy Isle as it sits just off the Ayrshire coast. Along with the remains of three urchin shells (eaten by sea otters), cormorant skull, sheep skeleton, myriad other shells and natural stuff was this road sign.

With a camera in my pocket, I had a chance for some fun with the unspoilt Scottish landscape...

As for what I did with all the other stuff, well... I made a sort of memorial, if you will, for the poor wee beasties that get forgotten but which are an inseperable part of the island's beauty. After I left, Kristine hung that in the old cemetary that is still there on the island but I expect that the next storm will break it apart and send the bits and pieces back to where it came from.

I had a great time. Holy Isle is well worth a visit if you haven't been yet.