Friday, December 02, 2005

First public showing!

Sometimes, the best news is The Best simply because it is so unexpected and so it was yesterday. I’ve been offered a considerable amount of space to display my paintings. If you live in - or near - West Sussex then have a mosey on down to Worthing for the day (it’s that rather nice town you’re planning on retiring to, just down the coast from Brighton) and check out Methvens Booksellers on South Street. From sometime next week, hopefully, you’ll be able to see my paintings.

A big thank you to the MD, Alan Clifford, for the offer...

...going back to the internet gallery, the re-coded and revised version of the website is now up and running including a nifty stat counter. All of which has been done in the space of this morning. Even the web standard tags and meta names - all individually referring to the content - at the top of each page have been re-coded this morning. Phew! I had a freak the day before yesterday when I saw my website attemting to load on a creaking old PC running Windows Explorer 5.5... words failed me at the time.

To everything, there is a time and place. That is as diplomatic as I can be now but what the flarty are Microsoft thinking? Even the current version of Explorer is far from Standards compliant. So, to repeat: if you wish to see my website as it was designed to look, then use Firefox. Blah blah blah...

...I hear a chorus at the back from the fraternity of Steve Jobs’ girlfriends. No, Macs cost a lot of money and that’s just for the lawyers in the ‘Nano’ debacle. But hey! It looks nice. Designer scratches? Lovely.